The 5100 Series shock absorbers for the 1984-1994 Peugeot 309 GTI 1.6 utilize inverted / upside down technology. The inverted design is race proven technology and produces an extremely strong damper, providing better suspension geometry under heavy lateral and braking loads as seen in a road and track environment.
The 5100 Series shock absorbers give your car a better performance than the standard twin tube design. With the 5100 Series suspension you can adjust rebound with one knob. The adjust platform allows you to adjust the ride height of your car. AST suspension shock bodies are specially designed to keep maximum stroke, even with a lower ride height.
How a Monotube design works?
Monotube design is essential for performance. The oil and nitrogen are separated by a floating piston, and allows the use of a larger piston, increasing the damper performance and sensitivity felt by the driver, all this added together produces more grip, gives more control and driver feedback from your vehicle.
What is a rebound adjustment?
Rebound controls the rate of extension of your shock absorber. By changing the rebound you can directly change the characteristics of the vehicle.
- Floating piston design with high pressure nitrogen means no cavitation around the piston.
- 14mm diameter internal shaft.
- 44.5 mm diameter shaft struts, inverted.
- Steel cylinder body shocks, inverted.
- High end, track ready suspension.
- Rebound adjustable ('Singles').
- Low friction seal.
- Adjuster knobs permanently mounted on the dampers.
- Designed to use OEM top mounts.
- Rubber bushings for 'eye' shock mounts.
- Includes springs.
- Optional spherical top mounts.
- Optional DLC (diamond like carbon) coated shafts.
- Optional DDP (double digressive piston).
- Double Digressive Pistons are recommended for use on the non-driven wheels.
- 4WD/FWD vehicles: DD pistons for both rear axle struts/shocks.
- RWD vehicles: DD pistons for both front axle struts/shocks.
- Optional custom valving.
- Part Number: ACU-P1506S
- Product: AST Suspension 5100 Series 1-Way Coilovers
- Adjustment: 1-Way
- System: Front Coilover, Divorced Rear Coilover
- Product Note:
- Front/Rear Ratio: Front = 70% / Rear = 30%
- Strut/Shock Type: Front: Clamp McPherson strut / Rear: Eye 2 eye strut
- Model Years: 1984-1994
- Make: Peugeot
- Model: 309
- Spring Kit: Included
- Top Mounts: Front And Rear Are Not Included
- Optional 1 Front Top Mounts (Additional Cost): TMA-P04-A1-20F - Camber adjustable
- Optional 2 Front Top Mounts (Additional Cost): Not Available
- Optional Rear Top Mounts (Additional Cost): N/A - Eye to eye (No top mounts)
- Adjustable Front Droplinks Available? No
- Adjustable Front Droplinks Required? No
- Adjustable Rear Droplinks Available? No
- Adjustable Rear Droplinks Required? No
- DDP Pistons Included? No
- DDP Pistons Available (Additional Cost): Yes
- DLC Coated Shafts Included? No
- DLC Coated Shafts Available (Additional Cost): Yes
- QDC Included? No
- TUV Approved?
- Comments: Works with OE top mounts.
- 1984 Peugeot 309 GTI 1.6
- 1985 Peugeot 309 GTI 1.6
- 1986 Peugeot 309 GTI 1.6
- 1987 Peugeot 309 GTI 1.6
- 1988 Peugeot 309 GTI 1.6
- 1989 Peugeot 309 GTI 1.6
- 1990 Peugeot 309 GTI 1.6
- 1991 Peugeot 309 GTI 1.6
- 1992 Peugeot 309 GTI 1.6
- 1993 Peugeot 309 GTI 1.6
- 1994 Peugeot 309 GTI 1.6