For the best performance on the track, AST Suspension designed the Competition 3-way adjustable series to fit the 1992-2003 TVR Chimaera The 5300 Series shock absorbers are rebound adjustable in 12 positions on the strut.
The high speed compression is adjustable in 12 positions and the low speed compression is adjustable in 14 positions. Both compression adjustments are made using an external canister. All adjusters work completely independent.
Many years of technical knowledge, testing and experience has been refined, fettled and brought together to create a perfect balance between the choice of springs and the corresponding damping characteristics. This makes it a versatile product for every customer. The 5300 series shock absorbers are the best solution for every race team. Once installed, the AST shock absorbers are easy to setup, highly reliable and require low maintenance during the season because of the high grade of materials used.
All of this together makes the 5300 series shock absorbers a championship winning damper, over and over again. The AST 5300 Suspension is worldwide renowned for its performance at every level.
- High end, track ready suspension.
- Rebound, Low & Hi Speed Compression Adjustable ('Triples'), with a remote reservoir.
- Remote reservoirs allow additional travel, heat dissipation and oil/nitrogen gas capacity.
- 4.5mm diameter shaft struts are inverted and offer exceptional strength, which in turn reduces geometry change under corner and braking monoevers.
- Aluminum cylinder, threaded body shocks, factory mounting style
- New low friction seal on all AST dampers.
- Spherical lower eye shock mounts.
- Reservoir with hose or piggyback (piggyback examples: 2008 STI; BMW E36 rears).
- Spherical upper shock mount assemblies.
- Synthetic hydraulic fluid.
- Optional DLC (diamond like carbon) 44.5mm inverted shafts.
- Optional DDP piston (double digressive piston).
- Double Digressive Pistons are recommended for use on the non-driven wheels.
- 4WD/FWD vehicles: DD pistons for both rear axle struts/shocks.
- RWD vehicles: DD pistons for both front axle struts/shocks.
- Fully serviceable and rebuildable.
- Revalveable for specific characteristics.
- Part Number: RAC-T6002S
- Product: AST Suspension 5300 Series 3-Way Coilovers
- Adjustment: 3 Way
- Front/Rear Ratio: Front = 60% / Rear = 40%
- Strut/Shock Type: Front: Double Wishbone strut / Rear: Double Wishbone strut
- Model Years: 1992-2003
- Make: TVR
- Model: Chimaera
- Spring Kit: Included
- Front Top Mounts: Not available (Eye to Eye)
- Rear Top Mounts: Not available (Eye to Eye)
- Adjustable Front Droplinks Available? No
- Adjustable Front Droplinks Required? No
- Adjustable Rear Droplinks Available? No
- Adjustable Rear Droplinks Required? No
- DDP Pistons Included? No
- DDP Pistons Available (Additional Cost): Yes
- DLC Coated Shafts Included? No
- DLC Coated Shafts Available (Additional Cost): Yes
- QDC Included? No
- TUV Approved?
- 1992 TVR Chimaera
- 1993 TVR Chimaera
- 1994 TVR Chimaera
- 1995 TVR Chimaera
- 1996 TVR Chimaera
- 1997 TVR Chimaera
- 1998 TVR Chimaera
- 1999 TVR Chimaera
- 2000 TVR Chimaera
- 2001 TVR Chimaera
- 2002 TVR Chimaera
- 2003 TVR Chimaera