StopTech ST Big Brake Kits exceed stock performance in two key areas: First, larger rotors increase heat capacity, allowing a driver to brake harder stop-after-stop with reduced chance of fade. Second, stiffer calipers and stainless steel lines reduce system compliance, providing consistent pedal feel and confidence-inspiring responsiveness.
The key, however, is to increase heat capacity and reduce compliance without upsetting the stock front to rear brake torque ratio. If the brake upgrade you select adds too much front torque (as many do), you reduce your car's ability to utilize the tractive capacity of all of the tires to the maximum practical extent (even on ABS equipped cars) and you therefore create performance sacrifices. In addition, too many pistons or pistons that are too large will make the brake pedal much more difficult to modulate, which limits a driver's control of brake input on the race track.
- Shorter Stopping Distances
- Better Brake Modulation
- Firmer Brake Pedal
- Less Brake Fade
Feature Benefit Summary:
- Balanced Brake Upgrades with optimum brake bias offer the shortest stopping distance with the best pedal feel
- Our patented AeroRotors with the best airflow available result in better cooling, less fade and longer rotor and pad life
- The stiffest aftermarket calipers with patented bridge result in better clamping under hard braking and less pad taper
- Track testing of new applications ensures optimum performance
- 2, or 4-piston ST Calipers with brake pads
- 2-piece floating, directional slotted or cross drilled brake rotors
- Adapter brackets
- Stainless steel brake lines
WARNING: May contain items that are found to have compounds and/or chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
For more info, please visit https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.